Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A chilled, slightly tart and crunchy raw vegetable soup.
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes, diced, with liquid
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 1 cup red wine vinegar (or rice wine vinegar)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano (leaves, crushed)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped finely
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 bunch scallions or 1⁄2 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients.
- Season to taste w/salt & pepper.
- Chill several hours before serving.
- Serve in chilled bowls.