Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Classic Spanish cold soup traditionally served for breakfast in Spain.Can be served with any meal or by itself
- 6 peeled tomatoes
- 1 peeled cucumber
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 peeled shallots
- 3 cups italian seasoned croutons
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup quality red wine vinegar
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- Dice tomatoes,cucumber, and green pepper.
- Set aside for garnish:3/4 cup tomato, 3/4 cup cucumber,3/4 cup green pepper, 3/4 cup croutons.
- Blend remaining tomatoes,cucumber,bell pepper and croutons along with the shallots,cilantro,red wine vinegar,and chicken broth until smooth.
- Refridgerate for approximately 1 hr or until well chilled.
- Serve in bowls,garnish center of soup with the ingredients you have set aside.Enjoy!
Very refreshing. I served this at a church mothers day breakfast. I was surprised to find out how many people had not heard of Gazpacho soup. Maybe I watch too much FoodNetwork. The coolness of the cucumber and tomato provided a nice balance from the traditional hot foods that were served.