Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Easy summer cold soup. Adapted from Betty Crocker. I add more chopped vegetables since I like my soup very thick. Increase the servings to 16 to use a 48 ounce can of tomato juice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, unpared, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Heat tomato juice to boiling. Add bouillon cube and stir until dissolved. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Chill overnight.
- Serve topped with croutons and sour cream.
Great as is.
Used this recipe for gazpacho yesterday, I added some hot pepper flakes for extra zing, and increased the amount of all the veggies a little bit as well. Tried it this morning with a grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast. Really tasty! Thanks!
I have been using this recipe for thirty years or more...I found it in my first copy of the Betty Crocker "red pie cover cookbook"...my family asks for it every summer when the temperature goes up and veggies are fresh from the garden.