1/2 Photos of Gazpacho
Karen's Krazy Kitchen's Note:
This is a very healthy, versatile and delicious COLD summer soup. It is great for entertaining since it is best made a day ahead of time and for all the different ways it can be served. Garnish with crumbled blue cheese, chopped hard boiled eggs or serve beside a bottle of vodka with a bowl of horseradish and my Gorgonzola Porcupine Cheese Ball. See other serving suggestions below. Enjoy!
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes, chopped (remove skin if tough)
- 1 large red pepper, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 small pickling cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine or 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo (that is two chiles out of one small can. This is optional but yummy)
- 1Soak the bread in 1 cup of water for 5 minutes and then squeeze out the excess water.
- 2*Place the bread in a blender.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients and process.
- 4Pour into a pretty pitcher or soup tureen.
- 5Refrigerate overnight (the flavors will develop as it sits).
- 6Serve cold in pretty chilled bowls, tea cups or hollowed out red peppers from the pitcher or soup tureen with the below toppings of your choice.
- 7*My blender is small so I need to make this in two batches. I like mine pretty smooth so I use the puree setting. It can also be served a bit chunkier by using the blend setting or just hand chopping.
- 9Choose from: Chopped feta or blue cheese, hard-boiled eggs, fresh basil, avocado, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, lemon or lime wedges, dollops of yogurt or sour cream or grilled whole wheat pita triangles lathered with roasted garlic. Set a bottle of vodka next to it, a small bowl of horseradish and my Gorgonzola Porcupine Cheese Ball (gorgonzola chese ball). Make it your own and enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.0
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo