Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my gram's recipe for the traditional Spanish "salad soup". Good homegrown tomatoes are a must for this recipe. She also blends it quite fine--not totally puréed, but no large chunks either.
- Core and quarter tomatoes.
- Peel cucumbers and cut in chunks.
- Seed peppers and cut in chunks.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and scallions in batches in a blender or food processor. Blend, not until pureed, but until there are no large chunks.
- Add tomato juice, vinegar, pepper, and Tabasco sauce.
- Chill well.
Just as I expect gazpacho to taste! The only thing I changed was that I added a little bit of worchestershire sauce (because I'm obsessed with it).
Delish. Made for ZWT5. I wish my garden was in full force, this will certainly be used later in the summer. Made for Zingo. I added a bit more juice,oh and by the way, I used V-8, that's what I had on hand. Delish.
I also quartered this for the 2 of us, and we didn't finish it either. This was simple but nice. I was afraid using a blender would puree this too much, but I was left with smallish lumps which we liked. Instead of tomato juice we used a veggie blend. I used what I thought were the best looking tomatoes at the store (no home grown for me in the city) which were grape tomatoes. No chopping:). I did add a little veggie blend juice to the blender to make blending easier. Quick, easy, good, healthful. Made for ZWT 5.