Recipe by helowy
This is my gram's recipe for the traditional Spanish "salad soup". Good homegrown tomatoes are a must for this recipe. She also blends it quite fine--not totally puréed, but no large chunks either.
- 12 very ripe homegrown tomatoes
- 4 large green peppers
- 4 large cucumbers
- 4 bunches scallions
- 32 ounces tomato juice
- 6 -8 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Core and quarter tomatoes.
- Peel cucumbers and cut in chunks.
- Seed peppers and cut in chunks.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and scallions in batches in a blender or food processor. Blend, not until pureed, but until there are no large chunks.
- Add tomato juice, vinegar, pepper, and Tabasco sauce.
- Chill well.