Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From turkishcookbook.com. Gaziantep is in the Southeast Anatolia region of Turkey.
Make and share this Gaziantep-Style Green Olive Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup pitted green olive, sliced (I used pimiento stuffed olives)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, lightly toasted, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate paste
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (I used a little less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper, powdered
- handful pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Toss all the ingredients together in a non-reactive bowl.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds all over the top and serve.
- Note: I set the salad aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle.
This was a real treat. I used it with flat bread crackers and enjoyed every bite. Had to skip the pomegranate bits as that just aren't available where I live. I think that it would be great as part of a sandwich as well.