Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Copy Kat Chat message board. NOTE: You need to make the balls one day, refrigerate them about 24 hours and then dip the next day.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 14 ounces shredded coconut (1 large bag)
- 12 ounces eagle brand sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 24 ounces powdered sugar (1 1/2 boxes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 ounces chopped maraschino cherries (1 jar)
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 lb chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup grated paraffin wax
Directions See How It's Made
- butter and pour over shredded coconut.
- Mix with:.
- Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk and powdered sugar.
- Mix with hands then add:.
- vanilla, chopped marachino cherries, and chopped pecans.
- Let the mixture set in refrigerator and get cool through and through. Then begin rolling into small balls.
- Place the balls in the refrigerator on cookie sheets. Chill each side about 12 hours. You can put them in the freezer if you are impatient.
- The Next Day:.
- chocolate chips and grated paraffin wax.
- Dip the balls in the chocolate sauce and coat well. (I use an ice pick). Return to refrigerator or freezer to firm. They keep well in the refrigerator or freezer.