1/1 Photo of Gauranga Potatoes
1 hr 10 mins
Happy Harry #2's Note:
Slices of potato folded with herbs, butter, and sour cream and then baked to a golden brown. Not your "every day" fare! Irresistibly rich and delicious, yet effortless to prepare. Comes from a vegetarian cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced (medium)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1/2 cups light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Boil the potato slices in lightly salted water in a 5 quart saucepan until they are cooked but still firm. (DON'T OVERCOOK). Drain and leave in colander.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Protect your oven from possible overflow with cookie sheet or foil on the lower shelf.
- 3Heat oil in in same saucepan over medium heat and when hot, add the asafetida. Saute quickly and add rosemary, black pepper and tumeric and stir briefly.
- 4Add the sour cream, melted butter, salt and water. Whisk it into a smooth sauce and remove from the heat.
- 5Off the heat, add the potatoes and gently combine. Pour mixture into a casserole dish, sprinkle with paprika, and place in the top portion of preheated oven.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gauranga Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.5
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 491.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: