1/1 Photo of Gaucho Casserole
One of my favorite caseroles that is quick and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1Crumble the beef and mix with onion and pepper in a microwave dish.
- 2Cover and microwave on high for 41/2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring every 2 minutes and drain.
- 3Stir in the beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, taco seasoning and chili powder.
- 4Cover and microwave on high for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes or until bubbly, stirring every 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in rice.
- 6Transfer to a shallow dish coated with cooking spray.
- 7Cover and let stand for 6-8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 8Sprinkle with cheese.
- 9Cover and microwave on high for another minute or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gaucho Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 472.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium taco seasoning
reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend