Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
from Everyday with Rachael Ray, May 2008
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices deli monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls
- shredded romaine lettuce
Pico de Gallo
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- In a large bowl, combine spices, Worcestershire sauce, beer, and ground beef.
- Halve and seed the tomatoes and jalapenos.
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- If broiling, place veggies on a rimmed cookie sheet, turning once, until charred, about 15 minutes; chop and transfer to a bowl.
- If using a grill, char the veggies for 10 minutes; chop and transfer to a bowl.
- To the bowl of veggies, add the cilantro, lime juice and zest; season with salt.
- Cook the burger over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare, melting the cheese for the last few minutes.
- To serve, layer each roll with lettuce. the burger, the pico de gallo and bun top.
My husbands new favorite burger! Mighty tasty and comes with roasted pico de gallo.