1/2 Photos of Gatorbek's Cuban Pork, Black Beans, and Yellow Rice
The cumin, lime, and cilantro combined with the kick of red pepper makes this a great, Cuban-style dish. Serve with some crusty bread, and you're good to go!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, NOT drained
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped (or sub 1 tsp dried if needed)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (only fresh or frozen, not dried!)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 lb pork, cut into 1 inch pieces (I buy pre-cut stew pork)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) package yellow rice (I prefer Vigo)
- 1Prepare yellow rice according to package directions.
- 2To prepare the black beans, combine the first seven ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- 3Bring just to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer on a back burner, stirring occasionally.
- 4Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Combine remaining dry ingredients (flour, cumin, oregano, cayenne, onion powder, and garlic powder) in a 1 gallon zipper bag.
- 6Add pork to bag and shake vigorously to coat.
- 7Remove pork from bag and add to hot oil.
- 8Brown on all sides, stirring until done.
- 9Remove pork to a plate and turn off heat to skillet.
- 10Pour black bean mixture into skillet to absorb pork drippings, stir gently until combined.
- 11To serve, put a scoop of yellow rice on each plate, topped with a generous ladle of black beans.
- 12Top with pork and garnish with lime wedge and sprig of cilantro.
- 13Serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gatorbek's Cuban Pork, Black Beans, and Yellow Rice
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 70.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 46.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: