Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The spicy breading gives this dish a kick without overpowering the mild tilapia flavor. Excellent with a good remoulade sauce!
- 4 medium tilapia fillets
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or frying oil of choice)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a pie plate, lightly beat eggs with mayonnaise.
- Combine dry ingredients (bread crumbs, onion powder, mustard, cayenne, garlic powder, Old Bay, and S&P) in another pie plate.
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil and butter in a large, heavy skillet.
- Dip fish in egg mixture, then dredge through bread crumbs.
- Place in hot oil and fry until done, 2-3 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve immediately.
Without thought to caloric intake is the very best way to eat this for lunch.
This was excellent. we like tilapia a lot and eat it often. Thanks for another great way to fix it.
Great tilapia. I made this for a fish sandwich with tartar sauce, and coleslaw. Will use this recipe many times as DH and I loved it.