Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from my mom, who I'm sure got it from someone/somewhere else, but I changed it a smidge. (I don't like lettuce on it, since the next day, the lettuce gets soggy. If you like lettuce, or know it will be gone in 1 day, feel free!) I make this for every party, and it's always a hit.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans (I prefer the ones with green chilies)
- 16 ounces sour cream (low fat is fine)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I prefer McCormick HOT taco seasoning, but anything will work)
- 2 cups prepared guacamole
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thin
- Thoroughly mix taco seasoning with sour cream. Let sit for at least an hour to dissolve the powder or it will be gritty.
- In a 13 x 9 casserole dish, or similarly sized party dish, spread the following layers, taking care not to mix them.
- Refried beans.
- Sour cream mixture.
- Black olives.
- Green onions.
- (If you're using lettuce, put it between the sour cream and cheese.).
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This is a great dip. My husband always asks me to make this for NFL Sunday. I divide the taco seasoning amongst the beans and sour cream. I used to use a different recipe, but couldn't find it so I searched and found this one, which is pretty much the same as mine. Thanks for posting.
This makes me the most popular party guest... provide I bring the 7 Layer Dip! Here in Holland they have never really seen anything like this before so they are always amazed at the sight of it and once they get over their initial fear of having to "dip" into it(thus ruining it's beautiful presentation) they LOVE IT and simply can not get enough of it! A Simple and Easy recipe, the only thing I do differently is to make homemade Guacomle using Wholly Guacamole Recipe #8739. Thank you for posting!
This was wonderful and very filling! I served it with fajitas and rice, and halved the recipe since it was just the four of us at the NYE dinner party last night (DH, my parents, and me). I used handmade guacamole and red onion instead of the green, but it was still awesome!