Recipe by Gatorbek
This came from my mom, who I'm sure got it from someone/somewhere else, but I changed it a smidge. (I don't like lettuce on it, since the next day, the lettuce gets soggy. If you like lettuce, or know it will be gone in 1 day, feel free!) I make this for every party, and it's always a hit.
Top Review by USMC Gunners Wife
This is a great dip. My husband always asks me to make this for NFL Sunday. I divide the taco seasoning amongst the beans and sour cream. I used to use a different recipe, but couldn't find it so I searched and found this one, which is pretty much the same as mine. Thanks for posting.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans (I prefer the ones with green chilies)
- 16 ounces sour cream (low fat is fine)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I prefer McCormick HOT taco seasoning, but anything will work)
- 2 cups prepared guacamole
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix taco seasoning with sour cream. Let sit for at least an hour to dissolve the powder or it will be gritty.
- In a 13 x 9 casserole dish, or similarly sized party dish, spread the following layers, taking care not to mix them.
- Refried beans.
- Sour cream mixture.
- Black olives.
- Green onions.
- (If you're using lettuce, put it between the sour cream and cheese.).
- Serve with tortilla chips.