Recipe by Queen of Everything
This is from the cookbook Gator Championship recipes. This is a cookbook of recipes by Florida Gator fans and master tailgaters. My Aunt Yvonne gave me the book as a wedding present and introduced me to this yummy snack. The book attributes the recipe to "...Vida Alexander, a Goal-liner from 1979 until her death in 1995."
Top Review by cajunhippiegirl
When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it. I have been a life long FL Gator fan & I am a proud member of the Gatornation! I have made a similar dish with Mozzarella Cheese. These were so yummy & were gobbled right up. Thanks for posting, this is a great dish to take to a cookout or party. Made for My 3 Chefs 2009.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb sausage or 1 lb turkey sausage
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- onion salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf miniature party rye rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef and sausage in a 400° skillet, stirring until crumbly; drain well.
- Add the cheese.
- Heat until the cheese melts, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with the onion salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spread on the bread to serve.
- For OAMC: freeze in a single layer on a cookie sheet at this point.
- Once frozen, include in a Ziploc bag or container.
- To Reheat: place Gator Baits on a cookie sheet and place in a 375° oven until hot -- about 30 minutes.