Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mr Gates was on Martha Stewart and they gave out the recipes. Then the restaurant was featured on "The Best of" on Foodtv and they gave out the secret of keeping the grilled meat moist. You will be surprised, but it works and you will be in BBQ heaven with this.
- 1 side of ribs
- your favorite barbecue rub (KC Gates & Sons Rub recipe 16732)
- barbecue sauce (KC Gates & Sons BBQ Sauce recipe 16745)
- 1⁄4 cup pickle juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- The rib seasoning is a dry rub that should be applied 15 minutes before grilling.
- Mix the pickle juice with the water.
- During grilling, keep the ribs moist with this mixture.
- The barbecue sauce, warmed up in a saucepan, is an ideal accompaniment to the finished ribs.
As good a BBQ rib as I've ever had, an believe me, I've had many. I didn't change a thing, except brushing a little sauce on them the last few minutes on the grill. They were wonderful, spicy and very flavorful. A real keeper, thanks Mysterygirl, I'll be making these again, and for much larger crowds.
I made this with the rub & barb ecue sauce and it was to die for. The only difference was instead of grilling the ribs, I baked them in the oven. Thank you for adding another winner to my rotation.