Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
You must have Baked Beans with BBQ ribs. I have previously posted the rub & sauce and how to put them together, here's the side dish.
- 2 (55 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons your favorite barbecue rub (Gates & Sons KC Rub recipe posted on the site)
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (Gates & Sons KC BBQ Sauce recipe posted on the site)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- In a cast-iron pot, combine all ingredients.
- Cook on the grill, stirring occasionally, until hardened “crust” forms on top of beans, about 20 minutes.
Without a doubt, these are the best beans I've ever had - and so simple! I make these up whenever we have company or go for a potluck and everyone raves about them - and they can't believe they're made with canned beans! No need to modify this recipe, it's a winner.
Made these beans after a year away from KC and damn if they're not identical! These beans are the best ever and will change your life.
I grew up eating Gates BBQ and was surprised to find this recipe online. It is spot on. Excellent! I vacuum seal and freeze burnt ends every time I smoke a brisket so when I make this recipe they can be chopped up and added to the beans.