Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lovely, fluffy dessert which looks as good as it tastes. Very high sugar content; anyone who is diabetic, please monitor your glucose levels well. Prep. time includes one hour for setting in the refrigerator.
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 6 ounces icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 ounce kirsch
- 1 pint whipped cream
- 1 thin layer plain sponge cake
- 24 ladyfingers
- Pulp the raspberries in a mixing bowl; add the icing sugar and fresh lemon juice.
- Blend well.
- Place the gelatine in a double boiler with 1 oz (25 mL) water and dissolve completely.
- Add gelatine mixture to raspberry pulp and stir well.
- Finally, add Kirsch and fold in 3/4 of the whipped cream.
- Place prepared sponge cake in the bottom of a 9 inch cake ring-pan and pour the raspberry cream on top.
- Place in refrigerator, to set, for one hour.
- Place on a serving dish.
- Remove the pan ring and decorate with lady fingers, and remaining whipped cream.