Recipe by Harley Seashell Princess
I cannot explain the addiction that overwhelms one upon tasting this simple sweet and buttery cake...
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup margarine, soft
- 6 egg yolks, plus
- 1 of the egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven@ 375 Mix the egg white and the 1 tablespoon of water together and then set aside.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients with a hand or stand mixer until creamy.
- Gently pat the dough mixture into a greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Brush the cake with the egg white/water mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then turn the oven temperature down to 350 and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool before unmolding.
- Cut into wedges or diamond shapes and enjoy!
- Good as is or with some lemon or lime curd!