Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Source: Guillaume Maillard (2006)
- Butter and flour cake pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate, when it's cool mix in the egg yolks.
- Mix the sugar and the flour, then mix into the chocolate mixture.
- Beat the egg whites.
- Fold in the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes at 170-180°C.
I make this with a bar of Ghirardelli Intense Dark 86% Cacao; the flavor is rich, the texture soulful--not the fluffy air you get from a boxed cake mix. It's my husband's favorite cake, so I make it when I want to do something special for him.