Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband and I have been trying to replicate the cucumber salad we have at our favourite little German restaurant. This isn't quite the same, but close enough. recipe adapted from razzledazzlerecipes.com.
- 2 whole cucumbers
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or use less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel cucumbers, slice thin, and drain off all excess liquid.
- Combine with remaining ingredients in bowl; mix well.
- Marinate at least two hours, or preferably, overnight.
I have prepared a similar salad using sliced red onions, and thinly sliced tomatoes. This is very refreshing and great for meals in the upcoming summer heat.
I originally rated this 4 stars but my husband has been requesting it ever since and just gobbles it up!! I use 3 tbsp olive oil and 4 tbsp vinegar because I used large cucumbers. Also used just 1 tbsp sugar.
I love cucumber salads and this is very refreshing. I used much less sugar in mine for a tangier salad. Thanks for sharing.