1/2 Photos of Gary's Fried Fresh Bass
This is how my ex-DH cooks fish that he and my kids catch right here in 14-Mile Creek and Indian Creek in Southern Indiana...I hate to sound like such a simpleton, but this is the real, simple, "Mountain-Man" thing, a down-to-earth fresh fish recipe! NEVER any leftovers, although the kids get pretty grossed out watching ex-DH clean and fillet the fish!!! :) P.S. ex DH says you "Gotta have a 10" iron skillet for this one." VISUAL WARNING: The pictures were taken the last time ex-DH cooked this, and he is a VERY MESSY cook! LOL!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place cleaned & deboned bass fillets (preferably small-mouth bass - but works with large-mouth & bluegill fillets too -- ) in a large zip-lock bag.
- 2Cover with milk and seal bag. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3Next day, dry fillets on paper towels. Season both sides with Paprika, salt & pepper (to taste).
- 4Coat each fillet with Wondra Flour.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat Crisco in iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- 6Fry fillets in 1/2" of melted & hot Crisco on medium-high heat. For about 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- 7Drain on paper towels when done.
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gary's Fried Fresh Bass
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1806.5
- Calories from Fat 1497
- Total Fat 166.4 g
- Saturated Fat 50.8 g
- Cholesterol 166.3 mg
- Sodium 211.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 49.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & pepper