Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Enchiladas filled with fresh eggs, spicy sausage, cheese, and topped with green chili sauce, green onions, and more cheese. A wonderful and simple Mexican dish to wake up to.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 links kountry boys brand sausage with pico de gallo, diced (available at Sams or Walmart) or 6 links substitute chorizo sausage
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- fresh ground pepper
- Warm sausage in a skillet and drain off excess grease. Set aside. Melt butter over medium heat in a non-stick skillet. Beat eggs with water, scramble eggs until set, adding salt and pepper to taste. Add sausage, 1/2 cup of cheese, and 1/2 of one can of enchilada sauce. Warm tortillas in the microwave until soft. Divide egg mixture among the tortillas, rolling each one and placing seam side down in a 13"x9" pan. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over them, topping with the green onions and remaining cheese. Cover pan with foil, bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven, turn to broiler, and remove foil from pan. Place under broiler for a few moments until cheese starts to turn slightly brown, if desired. Serve with salsa and sour cream.