Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Gary Rhodes Recipe
- 350 g cauliflower florets
- 350 g leeks, trimmed & sliced
- 350 g potatoes, diced
- 140 g grated cheddar cheese
- 150 g smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 850 ml vegetable stock
- 300 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- grated cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- Bring the stock to boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the cauliflower, leeks, diced potato, nutmeg and seasoning.
- Cover and boil for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Place the bacon pieces into a frying pan and dry-fry until crispy; set to one side.
- Pour the vegetables and stock into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour back into the saucepan and stir in the milk, mustard and cheddar.
- Check the seasoning and bring to a simmer.
- Serve the soup garnished with bacon and grated Cheddar cheese.