1/3 Photos of Gary Rhodes - Pork Chops With Apple Tart Topping
- Carla -'s Note:
Gary Rhodes recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the cored and peeled apples in a saucepan, add half the caster sugar, the lemon juice and three tablespoons of water.
- 2Cover with a lid and cook over a medium to low heat for 10-15 minutes until tender, stirring from time to time.
- 3The applesauce can be very chunky or lightly whisked for a smoother finish.
- 4Pre-heat the grill.
- 5Brush the pork chops with a little of the melted butter, seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Put the chops on a grill tray with a rack, and grill them for 4-5 minutes on both sides.
- 7Meanwhile peel and core the remaining apples.
- 8Cut into thin long slices, maintaining the shape of the apple.
- 9Spread the applesauce over the chops and arrange the apple slices on top, slightly overlapping as you would for apple tart.
- 10Brush or drizzle the chops with the remaining melted butter, sprinkling with the remaining sugar and return under the grill.
- 11Cook for a few minutes and the apples are nicely toasted.
- 12Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gary Rhodes - Pork Chops With Apple Tart Topping
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.7
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.4 mg
- Sodium 105.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 23.2 g