- 5 -6 apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 2 -3 apples, left whole
- 25 g caster sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, only
- 4 pork chops
- 25 g butter, melted
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cored and peeled apples in a saucepan, add half the caster sugar, the lemon juice and three tablespoons of water.
- Cover with a lid and cook over a medium to low heat for 10-15 minutes until tender, stirring from time to time.
- The applesauce can be very chunky or lightly whisked for a smoother finish.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Brush the pork chops with a little of the melted butter, seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put the chops on a grill tray with a rack, and grill them for 4-5 minutes on both sides.
- Meanwhile peel and core the remaining apples.
- Cut into thin long slices, maintaining the shape of the apple.
- Spread the applesauce over the chops and arrange the apple slices on top, slightly overlapping as you would for apple tart.
- Brush or drizzle the chops with the remaining melted butter, sprinkling with the remaining sugar and return under the grill.
- Cook for a few minutes and the apples are nicely toasted.
- Serve and enjoy.