1 hr 45 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
This recipe is an original from Josie Le Balch Restaurant in Santa Monica, Calif.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine raisins and brandy in a small bowl; toss to blend.
- 2Let soak at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- 3Cook yams in large pot of boiling salted water until just barely tender, approx 8 minutes.
- 4Using large slotted spoon, transfer yams to a baking sheet to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, bring 3/4 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter to boil in heavy med saucepan over med heat, stirring until brown sugar dissolves.
- 6Boil 2 minutes.
- 7Butter 15x10x2 inch glass baking dish.
- 8Drain raisins (drink brandy lol).
- 9Place raisins in a very large bowl.
- 10Add cooked yams, then maple syrup mixture and toasted walnuts.
- 11Toss gently to coat evenly.
- 12Transfer yams to prepared baking dish.
- 13Bake yams at 350 degrees uncovered until syrup is thick and bubbling, basting occasionally, about 55 minutes.
- 14Let stand 10 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garnet Yams W/Maple Syrup, Walnuts, & Brandied Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.5
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 110.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g