Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A little like Louisiana pistolettes without the spiciness, this simple dish is pure comfort food. Small portions might make a nice appetizer. From the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 6 rye rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup light cream
- Place rye rolls in the oven to warm.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan; add the flour and seasonings and stir until incorporated.
- Add the light cream and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp and heat.
- Cut rolls open and scoop our some of the center; fill with creamed shrimp.
- Serve very hot.