Recipe by Satyne
http://www.food.com/recipe/alfredo-sauce-76/review?pn=2 based off this recipe but with my own additions. Thanks for the great base.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Great flavor ~ made for a quick tasty lunch! I reduced the butter to 1/3 cup, thinking 1/2 cup was too much, as written, for the amount of cream and Parmesan cheese. I served the sauce over bow tie pasta, with crumbled bacon and chopped flat leaf parsley. Tagged and made on 03/10/13, for Spring Photo Tag.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup liddells lactose-free light cream (longlife)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- When the butter is halfway melted, turn down the heat and add the cream, stir until mostly melted and mixed through.
- Add the garlic and herbs, continue stirring through.
- Add the cheese, stir until the sauce is an even texture and then serve with your favourite pasta dish. It's very nice with tortillini.