1/5 Photos of Garlicky Yellow Rice
This is a nice rice to make especially when you want a nice color contrast. With the turmeric, it colors the dish a dark yellow. From Quick and Easy Weeknights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, and saute 7 minutes or until tender.
- 3Add rice and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- 4Add water and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 5Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 23 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 6Garnish with green onion tops, if desired.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Yellow Rice
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.3
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 203.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g