Abby Girl's Note:
If you have overripe, wrinkled or squishy tomatoes around, use them up, so long as they don't have any bad spots. Don't worry about the quanity of garlic....it will mellow as it cooks
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 head garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 907.18 g tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 946.36 ml chicken or 946.36 ml vegetable stock
- 396.89 g crushed tomatoes
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 118.29 ml milk, half & half or 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 1In a medium stockpot, heat oil.
- 2Saute the onion and garlic for 5 - 8 minutes or until soft and starting to turn golden.
- 3Add tomatoes and cook for another minute or two, then add the stock and pureed tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.
- 5Add sugar and seasonings. Remove soup from the heat and puree in the pot using a hand held immersion blender, or transfer in batches to a blender to puree until smooth.
- 6Blend in cream.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 108.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: