Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe was given to me by a friend from work. It is definitely for those out there who like garlic. Very simple, very tasty. My instructions call for a chilling time of five to eight hours, but I usually make this salad a full day ahead.
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, large
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Quarter the tomatoes and place in bowl with a fitted lid.
- Peel and mince the garlic cloves as finely as possible.
- Mince parsley.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic and parsley.
- Combine dressing ingredients and shake well. Pour over the tomato mixture, cover and chill at least five to eight hours before serving.
Wonderful, simple salad! The dressing and garlic add great flavors to the tomato and parsley. A perfect use for the lovely garden bounty of tomatoes. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '12
I followed the recipe exactly except cutting it in half for the 2 of us. We enjoyed it very much. It definitely is garlicky so you better like garlic if you're gonna make this one or cut the garlic down. We had it for lunch this weekend and also dinner. Made for PAC Spring 2011.