This is a wonderful summertime appetizer. I keep a bowl of the topping in the refrigerator (it keeps for days!). Really delicious and not too heavy. Remember to make ahead - it needs to sit at least 8 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tomatoes, in small cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 clove garlic, crushed (to your taste)
- 1 narrow loaf crusty French bread
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Bread: Slice bread into 1/2" slices.
- 2Brush oil on one side.
- 3Broil briefly just until it barely starts to brown.
- 4You have to watch it!
- 6Store in zip lock bag.
- 7Topping: In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes, basil parmesan,olive oil,garlic and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- 9Spread a spoonful on toasted rounds and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Tomato Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 258.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g