Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a wonderful summertime appetizer. I keep a bowl of the topping in the refrigerator (it keeps for days!). Really delicious and not too heavy. Remember to make ahead - it needs to sit at least 8 hours.
- 2 tomatoes, in small cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 clove garlic, crushed (to your taste)
- 1 narrow loaf crusty French bread
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Bread: Slice bread into 1/2" slices.
- Brush oil on one side.
- Broil briefly just until it barely starts to brown.
- You have to watch it!
- Store in zip lock bag.
- Topping: In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes, basil parmesan,olive oil,garlic and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Spread a spoonful on toasted rounds and serve.
This is AWESOME!!!!!!! I loaded up on the garlic, the vampires are sure to stay away. Very good recipe and I never knew this was so easy to make. Taking it on the boat tomorrow and I already had 3 slices...oops, it is just too good. Thanks, this is a keeper.
This is definately "garlicky", just like the bruschetta at my favorite restaurant! I used fresh basil, and freshly shredded parmesan reggiano. Next time I am going to try freshly shredded gouda, as that's what the restaurant uses. Great bruschetta, suzyq- thanks! :o)
Excellent! Comparable to the Bruschetta in our favorite resturants. (My son said better! and he doesn't even like tomatoes) I had fresh basil on hand and used that in place of the dried and it worked well, however I didn't have quite enough and need to use more next time. I used Kraft Grated Parmesan cheese in the container instead of grating fresh and this worked good as well. I think next time I will top it with some fresh chives after broiling. This will remain a staple in our refrigerator for quick, nutrious and easy snacking.