Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious and different way serve two favorite summer vegetables, squash and corn!"
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ear of corn, kernels cut from cob
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the onion and garlic until slightly tender. Mix in the vegetable broth and corn kernels, and cook until heated through. Mix in the squash and zucchini. Cover, and continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash and zucchini are tender.
- Mix the parsley and butter into the skillet with the squash. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until butter is melted, and serve hot.
Delicious!! The name says it all - garlicky - and so good! I made half of the recipe but used the full amount of corn. The onions and garlic caramelized into a terrific "sauce" for the other veggies. Great recipe - thanks for sharing it!
Made this recipe mostly as given, but I did season it with lemon pepper & just a pinch of salt! Loved the combo of squash & corn AND the garlic! Thanks for sharing this recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]
I wrongly assumed that this would be bland! What a wonderful, fresh dinner this made! I made a few substitutions based on what I had. Doubled the onion, used beef broth instead of vegetable, omitted the olive oil. I can't wait for tomorrow's lunch. Thanks!