Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love mushrooms in any fashion, and these stuffed ones are great! Plus they are easy to make.
Make and share this Garlicky Stuffed Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chablis
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill, dried
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried whole basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freeze-dried chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried whole marjoram
- 1 dash dried whole thyme
- 1 dash pepper
- Clean the mushrooms with damp paper towels. Remove and chop the stems; set the caps aside. Saute the stems in 1 tbsp butter in a skillet until tender; set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese and the remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in the chopped mushroom stems.
- Bake the mushroom caps on an ungreased baking sheet at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the mushroom caps. Broil 6 inches from heat for 1 minute or until lightly browned.
Great! I found some huge mushrooms at the store before the long holiday weekend that said that they were great for stuffing. I made 3 just for me. I used chardonnay rather than chablis and didn't add the dill as it's not one of my favorite herbs. Made everything else as directed. I ended up having to eat these with a fork because they were so big and over-stuffed with all of the goodies that I was making a mess all over the place, lol. If serving these for guests as appetizers, I think that I'd use smaller bite-sized mushrooms. Thanks for such an awesome treat, breezer. Made for Photo Tag.