Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Phase 1 Low Carb Recipes. Better Homes and Gardens. page 104. 2 carbs
Make and share this Garlicky Steak & Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- For rub, in a small bowl combine garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Sprinkle over both sides of meat and rub in with fingers.
- Place asparagus in a shallow dish and drizzle with oil.
- For sauce, in a medium skillet stir together broth and wine.
- Cook over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Whisk in mustard and keep warm.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place meat on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat until desired doneness.
- Allow 8-10 minutes for medium-rare, 10-12 minutes for medium, turning once.
- Add asparagus the last 2 minutes of broiling.
- Spoon sauce on serving plate.
- Cut steak in half crosswise.
- Serve meat on sauce with Asparagus.