Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or 10 ounces chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1 ounce chopped fresh basil (, lower amount)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (, lower amount)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- red pepper flakes
- salt or salt substitute
- black pepper
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, combine the ricotta, sour cream and orange juice.
- Add the spinach (or broccoli), scallions, basil, oregano, garlic, nutmeg and hot pepper sauce.
- Process until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Add salt substitute and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a medium bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.