Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dip is so delicious! Serve with homemade corn tortilla chips (as suggested) or use pita chips, store bought chips, or baguette. From Cooking Light
- 295.73 ml shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml grated asiago cheese, divided
- 118.29 ml nonfat sour cream
- 14.79 ml minced fresh garlic
- 396.89 g can hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 226.79 g package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 184.27 g container light spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (such as Alouette Light)
- 22 (132 inch) corn tortillas, each cut into 8 wedges
- cooking spray
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare chips, arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with salt (be generous).
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until wedges are crisp and lightly browned. I flip them about halfway through.
- Sprinkle with salt again to taste after done.
- Increase oven temperature to 350° (or just start here if you're not making chips).
- To prepare dip, combine mozzarella, 1/4 cup Asiago, sour cream, and remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Spoon spinach mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Asiago.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm with chips.
Delicious is the perfect description for this dip! After spending 3 hours on the road today, I was craving something warm, cheesy and comforting for dinner. This fit the bill perfectly. I ate it with pita chips and loved every bite! Thanks for sharing another great recipe, vitalev. **Made for Spring PAC 2008**