Recipe by ng
Goes well with pita bread, baguette, or even tortilla chips.
Top Review by bugcka
This was fantastic!! Served it with toasted pita wedges to go with a meditteranian theme. It was gone in a matter of minutes, the best part of the meal for sure. However, I did add some nonfat sour cream to give it more of the traditional dip consistency. It will become a regular at our house
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 lb Baby Spinach (can also use regular)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped (more if you like)
- 1 slice peasant bread or 1 slice other white bread, 1/2 inch thick
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, pour 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over the bread.
- Turn the bread to coat and let stand until the bread is absorbed.
- Tear the olive-oil soaked bread into small pieces In a food processor finely chop the spinach.
- Add the bread, lemon juice and garlic and process until well blended Add the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and process to a fine puree.
- Scrape the puree into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.