Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This goes great either as a side dish or on cooked rice or pasta. From "Shepards Garden Seeds Catalog".
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 lb fresh snow pea, trimmed and sliced in half diagonally
- 1⁄2 cup jicama or 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- In a wok or deep skillet, heat oil on medium.
- Add garlic, scallions and pepper and saute until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add snowpeas and jicama or water chestnuts and saute another 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and stir together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Excellent, excellent, excellent!! Such an easy recipe to prepare...and my little ones loved it too!! Served it with a Chinese chicken dish that had been in the crock pot all day, rice and this...fabulous!!! Definitely will make it again soon!!!
This was very good! I used regular onion and water chestnuts. I will definitely make this one again. Made for Cookbook Tag Game 2010.
This is a fabulous way to prepare snow peas! A nice combination of flavors that really compliment each other. I used jicama which adds a nice crunch and texture. This is a winner that will surely please your guests. Thanks for sharing, Joanie-James.