Recipe by anymouse
This goes great either as a side dish or on cooked rice or pasta. From "Shepards Garden Seeds Catalog".
Top Review by slkendrick
Excellent, excellent, excellent!! Such an easy recipe to prepare...and my little ones loved it too!! Served it with a Chinese chicken dish that had been in the crock pot all day, rice and this...fabulous!!! Definitely will make it again soon!!!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 lb fresh snow pea, trimmed and sliced in half diagonally
- 1⁄2 cup jicama or 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or deep skillet, heat oil on medium.
- Add garlic, scallions and pepper and saute until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add snowpeas and jicama or water chestnuts and saute another 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and stir together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.