Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
If you love shrimp and garlic you should enjoy this. Great with a side salad and crusty bread. A nice glass of wine doesn't hurt either. Enjoy!
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (more if you really love garlic)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicy)
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- Melt butter and all spices together (just warm enough to melt butter).
- Add shrimp. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Put on medium heat, bubble gently.
- Cook until shrimp is done, 3-5 minutes.
- Pour sauce and shrimp over cooked linguini.
- Toss and eat.
- It's messy because you have to shell your shrimp but oh, so good! (Just have plenty of napkins).
I have made this dish twice now and my family has loved it each time! I served it with garlic bread and salad...YUMMY! The only change I made was adding about 50% more shrimp and using only about 2/3 of the pasta. Then I increased the garlic 100% and added a little more herbs since I put in more shrimp.
Very good and super easy! Only changes I made is I added a little olive oil to the butter so it would brown, and I didn't have any bay leaves on hand, so I left those out. Lots of spice and flavor.