Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From The New York Times, Feb. 20, 2008. Given to me by my friend Debbie, who loved it. She said it's best to eat the day you make it and it was less flavorful the next day, so keep that in mind. All you do is mix it all up and let it sit out for an hour before it's ready to eat. If you don't have cumin seeds, you can use cumin powder.
- In a large bowl, stir together the vinegar and salt.
- Add broccoli and toss to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Add garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in sesame oil and pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture over broccoli and toss well. Let sit for at least 1 hour at room temperature.
Interesting spices. Think the order of the spices, vinegar, and oil could be put together so that it mixes well before putting onto broccoli. For us, the spices were too strong. Thank you Oola for sharing.