1/1 Photo of Garlicky Sesame-Cured Broccoli Salad
1 hr 10 mins
From The New York Times, Feb. 20, 2008. Given to me by my friend Debbie, who loved it. She said it's best to eat the day you make it and it was less flavorful the next day, so keep that in mind. All you do is mix it all up and let it sit out for an hour before it's ready to eat. If you don't have cumin seeds, you can use cumin powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, stir together the vinegar and salt.
- 2Add broccoli and toss to combine.
- 3In a large skillet, heat olive oil until hot, but not smoking.
- 4Add garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 5Stir in sesame oil and pepper flakes.
- 6Pour mixture over broccoli and toss well. Let sit for at least 1 hour at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Sesame-Cured Broccoli Salad
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.7
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 359.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g