These mushrooms brown and develop their flavor because they are cooked over high heat. From Sunset Magazine. Prep and cook times are estimates.
- Trim stems off cleaned mushrooms and cut caps into bite-size pieces. Very small mushrooms can be left whole.
- Set a 10-to 12-inch frying pan over high heat.
- When hot, add olive oil, swirl to coat bottom, and add mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with salt and cook over high heat, stirring, until mushrooms stop giving off liquid and start to brown.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- Serve on a platter and season with sea salt.