Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Cooking Light. If you want them to be a bit more decadent, mix the fried garlic and lemnon with a bit of melted butter before mixing with the roasted potatoes at the end. Though the recipe doesn't specify- I flip them half way through the roasting time.
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs yukon gold potatoes or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Combine garlic and oil in a small saucepan over med heat. Cook 2 min or til golden, stirring frequently. Do not burn.
- Remove garlic from oil with slotted spoon or by pouring through a sieve. Set aside. Drizzle garlic infused oil over potatoes tossing well to coat. Arrange on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 30-40 min or til golden and tender. Combine reserved garlic, parsley and lemon rind in a small bowl. Sprinkle over potatoes.
Another recipe that I had cut out from Cooking Light myself. Unfortunately I have not been thrilled with many recent ones I've tried from them. This was ok, liked it, certainly didn't hate it, but it didn't have the wow factor for me. Future reviewers, I would definitely use the chef's idea of adding melted butter to the garlic mixture-I think it would make the recipe much more appealing, as I found the mixture didnt really stick to the potatoes so I wasn't getting the full flavor with every bite. I may not have used enough salt on the potatoes themselves, and thought maybe adding a little to the garlic mixture might have helped. It's easy and quick to prepare, just wasn't a favorite for me.