Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Scrumptious Sunday Supper with just 6 ingredients! from Woman's World Magazine 9/14/04.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 lbs beef eye round
- 1 teaspoon dry steak seasoning, preferably McCormick's Montreal
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch-thick wedges (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prehet oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut garlic cloves into thin (about 1/8-inch thick) slices.
- With small sharp knife, cut 1-inch-deep slit into meat. Do not remove knife. Angle knife slightly to open slit; slide in garlic slice. Repeat, inserting garlic all over beef.
- Combine steak seasoning, 1/2 t. salt and pepper; rub over beef. Place on rack in roastin gpan; roast 20 minutes.
- Toss mushrooms and onion with oil and remaining salt; add to pan. Reduce heat to 300 degrees. Roast until thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 140 degrees for medium-rare, 20-30 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve with vegetables.
Fantastic! And it's amazing to realize the great tasting roast that can be produced from so few ingredients. The roast was so flavorful, and it was great to have the perfectly roasted vegetables to serve along with the sliced beef. I used Montreal Steak seasoning, and it was a great blend for the roast. And the garlic was just the right amount. I will definitely make this again. Thanks, JackieOhNo!