Recipe by erinn in tbay
Great with chicken or fish. This recipe is from Great Chicken Dishes by Linda Fraser. I love the lemony flavour
Top Review by BoxO'Wine
I found this recipe today while looking for a "side" rice dish to serve with my chicken main course. I used regular white long grain rice, just a smidgeon of lemon rind and mixed dried herbs of parsley and basil. I only baked it for 30 minutes as it appeared to be done and I didnt want the rice to dry out. Dinner was delayed so I drizzled some garlic butter mixed with parsley flakes over the rice. Perfect! thanks for posting. " of ri
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (I prefer basil and chives)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil until golden.
- Add the rice and toss until covered with oil.
- Stir in the stock, lemon rind and herbs and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to baking dish, cover and cook in middle of oven 40-50 minutes.
- Stir the rice once or twice during cooking.