Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe was printed on a box of salmon fillets and of course being the garlic lover I am, it immediately caught my attention. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Outta Here
I took bluemoon's suggestion and used chicken broth also. I left out the celery, because I forgot to get some, but added a bit of celery seed. We loved the texture, as it was creamy like risotto. Had just the right amount of garlic for us. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium roma tomato, diced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pan over medium high heat, heat butter; add rice stirring constantly.
- Add the onion, garlic and continue to cook until garlic and rice are golden brown.
- Add the water, celery, diced tomato, salt, pepper, bay leaf and sesame oil.
- Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork.