Recipe by Bread 'n Butter
I am a big fan of garlic, and use it in much of the cooking I do. I love Reubens and the addition of garlic just makes them even better!
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 3 ounces corned beef, thin sliced
- 2 ounces sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 1 garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Butter both sides of each slice of bread.
- Place bread on a cookie sheet and bake for 2 to 3 minutes; just long enough to lightly brown one side.
- Remove bread from oven.
- Rub garlic clove on toasted side of bread.
- Place one piece of bread on the cookie sheet, garlic side facing up.
- Layer ingredients on bread in the following order: 1 slice cheese, corned beef, saurkraut, second slice of cheese.
- Spread the Thousand Island dressing on the remaining slice of bread on the garlic side.
- Place the dressed bread on top of the other ingredients.
- Return sheet to oven and bake for 4 to 5 minute, watching closely so that bread does not burn.
- Flip sandwich over, and bake an additional 3 to 4 minutes.