Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Will try for summer.
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boiling potatoes, cooked
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing
- 1⁄2-10 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large dill pickle, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup radish, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot bring 3-4 qts. of water to a full boil, add garlic and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Lower heat and simmer about 30 minutes.
- While water boils, peel potatoes, and cut into bite-size chunks, letting chunks fall into a large bowl of cold water.
- With a slotted spoon; remove and discard garlic from water.
- Drain potatoes, add them to boiling garlic water and let cook until tender.
- Drain into a colander to dry potatoes thoroughly.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette dressing and toss lightly to mix.
- Let stand until potatoes have absorbed the dressing.
- Fold in mayonnaise.
- Add pickles, radishes, celery and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to mix ingredients.
- Serve at room temperature.